Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Leaving on a Jet Plane

So today Mr. James and I start our year adventure in the land of the morning calm. Things started out a little hectic, but that is to be expected. We had a really early flight which is always great to beat the lines, but not if you live with your parents that want to sleep while you're still packing, and want to use the vacuum for the space bags. People also want to say last minute “see you later” ‘s and the best part is when all your clothes don’t fit in your allowed suitcases, so you have to leave behind some of your favorite stuff. Lol. I couldnt even fit my flats :’( On the way to the airport was not much better. So many twists and turns in the road and so little signs or warnings to show you the way so that before you know it, you are going the wrong way.


When we finally got to the airport (with plenty of time) we said good bye to my family (who are the best to get up that early just to drive us) and try and figure out what to do next. We get in line at the baggage drop-off and the line goes really fast but we are having so much trouble driving our bags, it wasn’t funny. We are like a couple of drunk (luggage) drivers after the college party of the year. Ha ha! Its finally our turn and the lady asks to see our passports and we hand them over. She said we forgot to sign them. Oops! No biggie! We sign them then hand them back over. She asks where we are going.

-We say “South Korea”

-She asks “how long?”

-We say “1 year”

She asks me where my Visa is and I tell her I don’t have one yet because I am going to get it in Korea. She tell me I can’t get on the plane without a visa or a plane ticket that says I will be leaving South Korea within 3 Months. Ummmmmm... WHAT!? We argue with her for awhile and a couple of other girls that were on duty too until Mr. James pulls out the save the day card and tells them I have a ticket to Guam in two weeks! They go “Oh! Well then she can go. Do you have proof?” Then I whip out my favorite thing ever, my Beautiful PHONE (that wont work in Korea) and look it up in Mr. James's E-mail. I show her the proof. Now everyone is happy! Yay! I wish someone from the county of Korea told us that I had to lie and say I was only going to S. Korea for two weeks (not a year) and say I am taking a trip to Guam after. Oh man. Crisis averted!!! After, we make our way through the carry-on baggage, which was not easy thanks to Mr. James’s X-BOX and me for always forgetting I keep my phone in a special place (my bra). They airlines discovered my secret hiding spot because of a (Hot) Female Security worker who proceeded to check and see if I was hiding anything in my bra. Guess she saw me coming a mile away. It was a little awkward, but whatever! Mr James was a little sad that he missed the pat down.


The plane ride ended up being a lot of fun at first. I liked it when the plane was just rolling around and the the take off was fantastic! The view was amazing, The sun rise was one of the most BEAUTIFUL I have ever seen. The beautiful red sun peaking over the water horizon in South Boston. And... my favorite part of the whole flight were the clouds! They were so fluffy and they came in all shapes and sizes. Some were so massive I couldn't believe it. I was in awe! And when I mean massive I mean massive! The bad parts about the flight were not too bad, but enough that I now don’t like to take long flights in coach a lot. lol. The seats were so small and Mr. James and I were very uncomfortable. We couldn't figure out how to recline them so we dozed in and out while sitting straight up which I don’t recommend. The head phones I brought were in the carry-on and Mr. James was sleeping so I watch two whole movies with no sound. And of course the worst part of the trip on plane #1 is the landing. SO SCARY!


No comments:

Post a Comment