At the San Francisco Airport we got off the plane and looked around and realized
we had no idea where we were supposed to go next. We pulled out our itinerary and followed the signs for the international airport. We decided to get a bite to eat even though it was only 9:00 am in San Fran. (12:00 pm EST). Hey! We did have 3 and a half hours to kill! The first place we saw was Subway, so we headed there and had some nice Cali subs! Mine was meatball! Yummy!I figured it was the last time I would have real beef for awhile.
We then decided to figure out where our next plane was going to leave from. Still following the signs we found where we wanted to be! Oops! Never mind. That plane was going to Canada... So we set out to look for our flight and we walked a looooong time just following the signs. Finally I gave up and asked at the Information Booth person where we needed to be. He pointed us in the right direction and found the place we needed to be! Yay!
We looked around and we saw there were a couple lines that we could have gotten into. One line was completely empty, one had a small line, and one had a loooong line. We didn’t want to choose the wrong one and have to go to the end of the long line! Guess which one we got to go though. THE EMPTY ONE! It was for the people with no baggage! The girl that helped us was very nice. I told her my semi-lie about going to Guam after 2 weeks and the girl working next to her heard us and got very excited because she was from Guam. She gave me some tips on what to wear. “It’s very hot there! Make sure to wear a lot of summer clothes and flip flops. You wont need anything else.” Made me feel a little guilty that I was not actually planning on going so maybe I will visit just so I can wear some summer clothes and flip flops. The airport lady gave us our tickets and she wanted to quickly weigh our bags to make sure they were not over 10 kilo. Keep in mind that we were allowed 44lb’s on the first plane and 10kilos is about 22lbs. HALF THE WEIGHT! Mine was 9 kilos so all good and Mr. James’s was 12 kilos... Uh Oh! She told him that she would give him the “OK” and that he could change around his bags later. Thank goodness!
After we went through Baggage, and the fun task of taking out Mr. James XBOX, Wii and our other electronics, I walked through the metal detector and guess what I forgot to put in the bin again... MY PHONE! So I put it in a bin and walked back through the metal detector and set it off again. This time I had no idea what it could be. Nothing set off the one in Boston! They suggested I take off my bracelet, but I told them it just doesn't come off. It would ruin the bracelet. They said just to unscrew it so that the two ends don’t meet and walked through again and... IT WORKED!
Weird...
Anyway... we packed all of our stuff again making sure to add stuff to Mr. James personal bag (laptop bag) as to lighten his carry-on. We then proceeded to walk to our gate and wait for our plane to arrive. We still had like an hour and a half but decided to just wait. It was fun to watch the enormous staff show up and sit around us. There must have been about 20 of them in their outfits and the outfits were so cute! I don't think I could ever pull it off but I liked it on them. Ha ha. As time got closer to departing they announced that there will be a 10 min delay. More waiting for us. Lol. Could be worse. I watch them line up the handicapped people and the the parents with very small children, then business class went on, then finally a cute stewardess played Vanna White with a sign with my seating row section on it and I got in line. I was first in line! That never happens. Ha ha! Pretty soon, we got onto the plane and got ready for our 12 HOUR FLIGHT! Yikes!
No comments:
Post a Comment