Wednesday, September 29, 2010

My First Real Class...

...didn’t go well. The kid is 3 years old and lives in a country where everyone looks the same. My brown hair, light brown eyes and fair skin, and over all existence are new to him. Not to mention most three years olds have the attention span of a gold fish! He needed to warm up to me but people kept butting in. How can a kid get to know me if his sister, his dad, and young secretary keeps butting in!? How is he going to even try to get to know me when he has people to run to, cling to, and cry too. I was supposta read to him for a half hour, give him a break, then try again after for another half hour. I know the family and Young Secretary were trying to help but they weren’t. In the end. After 20 mins of trying, they told me to leave. I am very frustrated!!! I am also a little upset that they don’t want me to come in at 2 anymore. They want me to come in at 3 after play time. I don’t get to play with the kids anymore. I did get to see Sonni for a short time today but i didn't get to see Tiffany or Cindy or Becky or Sonya! Over all I am not happy today. I can’t do anything about it either. *sigh* Maybe tomorrow will go better...


Update: (45 mins later)

As I was writing this blog, Tina (one of the teachers) came up to me and told me how I was late for my class. I told her how Young Secretary sent me away and said for me to try again tomorrow and she was like "no she didn't" and I was like "...ok? Maybe something got lost in translation, but that is what I heard" She was like " well the father is very sad so go and try to teach the baby again." So I did. Of course I was very embarrassed so my face turned red. Lol I talked to the daughter who is pretty fluent in English and she translated it to her father. They both seemed pleased with me, but the kid was practically in tears so they decided to cut the lesson short today and left 15 mins early. I hope things go better tomorrow. The sister and dad are not coming tomorrow and I have 2 more kids to add to the class so I hope thing will go better tomorrow. I will let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment