We get off the plane and head straight to the bathroom. We didn't go the whole 12 and a half hour flight! I was glad to see that they had western toilets. I wasn't too keen on the idea of squatting after 12 hours of nothing but sitting. I don’t think my legs could have handled it. After we headed to the moving sidewalk towards the signs that said baggage claim. At the end of the moving side walk, we saw that we had to go through the passport check. There were multiple lines, but only two were immigration lines. After several minutes of standing at the end of one of the two very long lines, a nice Korean came and shuttled us over to the completely empty Korean national line. Yay! Bang! I got my passport stamped by a cute Korean girl, and it’s pink! Afterwards Mr. James, that handsome devil, and I headed down to the baggage claim. We stared at one carousel for at least five full minutes before I realized we were probably in the wrong place. So I went and asked someone, also Korean (and hot), where our baggage was? He said we were supposed to be at 23, but we were at 21, whoops! So we went down and got a baggage carrier. It was an average sized baggage carrier. Our baggage was already spinning around the conveyor belt, so we picked it up, and piled everything on top of poor Mr. James’s XBOX.
We then went out toward the exit, and there, front and center, was another Korean guy! He had our names written on a card like they do in the movies! We went over to him, and he didn’t speak a single word of English... Welcome to Korea! He took our baggage cart and took us outside. He parked it in front of a bus that said Daejeon, and left to go buy us tickets. As we waited, we watched the bus drive away. He then came back with our bus tickets, and we had to wait until 6:40 (it was only 6:10 at the time). While we waited, every taxi cab in Korea stopped and asked us if we wanted a ride, and it was the first time we heard the word Aniyo! So, after waiting the whole time, the bus came and we said goodbye to the nice Korean man after he helped us out so much. He even pushed aside an old lady to get our luggage on the bus, which was kind of sad. Next stop Daejeon, our home town!
Welcome to Korea.
ReplyDelete