Saturday, August 28, 2010

Guam Bound!?

So right now Mr. James and I only have three days until we are (finally) on a plane to South Korea. I still have stuff to do and I still have A LOT of packing to do. I have a birthday party tomorrow for my cousin (which will be awesome) then Sunday is a going away party for Mr. James and myself. That means Monday is the only day I will have to really buckle down and pack. Mr. James and myself are very much procrastinators so this is probably a good thing. I have packed most of Mr. James works shirts, work pants and a few under shirts (he will need them cause it will be hot in Korea till mid October) but I still need to pack ALL of my stuff (I have a of of stuff *sigh*). I mostly want to bring clothes cause I am afraid I will not be able to find any good pieces while there. Mr. James also has HUGE feet! We can barley find him shoes in the USA forget in a country that the biggest size they have for men is like a 9 or 10 if your lucky. My parents can always ship me stuff but that is so expensive so i opted to just cram as much stuff as I can into 4 50lb suitcases and 2 carry-ons. It will be fine...


Did I mention how excited I am!!! Mr. James and I have been talking about doing this for a long time now and for awhile, we really didn't think it was going to happen. Recruiters were not calling us back. Phone lines on the websites wouldn't work, Mr. James refuses to hit the kids, schools would disappear after hiring us... It was looking pretty bad for us, but now that we have the plane tickets, got his visa (mine is another story) and just got word that when we touch down in Incheon, we will need to buy bus tickets! Wait a second! No one is going to meet us at the airport! NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Lol. No big deal. Incheon is a super city meaning that it is one of the few cities that is ruined modernized English savvy kind of city. We almost got a job there once, but I am glad we didn’t. Although it would have been more convenient for us because of the stores and because more people in the city can and will speak English, it just wouldn't have been the same as it is in Daejeon. I think we will be more immersed in the culture and enjoy Korea much more than we would have if we lived in Incheon. Although our bus ride would have been a lot shorter, ha ha


About the whole “My Visa” thing... We got a call the other day about my visa. I’m still not sure who we were talking to or why, but they wanted to let us know that we have only till Sept 15th to get my Visa or I have to be on a plane to Guam! Oh My. I thought I had like three months (not that I was planning on waiting too long) and now I find out I only have two weeks. I don’t think it will be hard to get, but with our luck who knows (I think that is my motto now. I find myself saying it a lot. Lol). I hope guam is nice this time of year. Ha ha.


Well next time I post I hope to be in the county I have been DYING to go to! I also hope that I will be able to sleep for more than four hours at a time. Well... Till then! Wish Us Luck! ^.^

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I know what you mean about procrastinating! We are moving tomorrow, and we still have to pack up our apartment!

    As for your visa, it won't be a problem! Seriously. You are married, just make sure you bring your marriage certificate. Once you enter Korea, you will get a tourist visa. Then, after your husband has is Alien Registration Card (which I would suggest having the school help him get ASAP), you can go to to the Immigration office and apply for an F-3 visa, which is a spousal visa, which will not let you work. It's easy peasy. :-) Just be sure to bring your marriage certificate along with all of the rest of the docouments. Here are a couple of links for you:
    http://www.hikorea.go.kr/pt/InfoDetailR_en.pt?categoryId=2&parentId=385&catSeq=401&showMenuId=375
    This states that as an American citizen, you are permitted entry for 90 days on a tourist visa.
    http://www.hikorea.go.kr/pt/InfoDetailR_en.pt?categoryId=2&parentId=382&catSeq=385&showMenuId=374&visaId=F3
    This is information on how to get your F-3 Visa, and what documents are needed. :)
    I hope your packing goes well, and that your trips are all NON-EVENTFUL!

    ReplyDelete