Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Hic-Up

So... I know I should be on my way to South Korea right now but a little hic-up has occurred in our plan. I swear this stuff only happen to me. We were suppose to be on our way to Korea today but the the school that was sponsoring us seems to have disappeared!!! So here we are... Still stuck in the USA. Not that that is a bad thing but I am anxious to start my adventure! Plus I want to be there for Toms birthday! Doesn't seem like that is going to happen. :(
Mr. James had been interviewed with another school in a town called Anyang (a city right under Seoul) which sounded pretty good because he would be teaching adults instead of little kids. The little kids might be cute but they are a pain to teach so things were looking up for us. Also there are Dunkin Donuts there and Coldstones! So much for losing weight! Ha ha. Not only that but we would be a lot closer to Tom!!!! That was also a huge plus! But alas, Mr. James was not hired for the position. I am starting to think that we will never get there. We better go soon though because we have both quit our jobs and we will run out of money soon. Not good. He has another interview tonight in a city that is above Seoul. This one is for teaching high school students in a Catholic high school. This job is a 9-5 job which is also pretty cool except that Tom is not on the same schedule. Mr. James has a good feeling about this job so hopefully we will be leaving in a week for S. Korea. Cross your fingers!

2 comments:

  1. Trust me, these things don't just happen to you! It's Korea in general. LOL. Get used to it! But... still, Korea is great! Anyang, I used to live there.. SUPER AWESOME!!! I haven't been to Daejon, but I'm sure it's great too. It's much closer to Busan, which means closer to the beach, and that's pretty awesome!

    Be prepared for the heat.. if you come anytime soon. Well, it's not really the heat, so much as the humidity. I suggest getting some hankerchiefs, or some little towels to carry around, to wipe the sweat off.. cause there will be sweat.. and a lot of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard that is twice as humid as Mass but I like the heat. My husband on the other hand not even a little. He will be a cranky pants till winter.
    We will be there either at the beginning or August or the beginning of September. I will know next week... maybe... I hope... lol. They change it once a month so who knows. lol

    ReplyDelete